Wednesday, December 8, 2010

sunday snow day

Saskurbex and I decided to go on a quick day trip. The weather was nice, lots of snow on the ground and we had quite a few smaller locations in mind. The trip started out slow due to every single church being locked, which was a disappointment. Apparently no one trusts others in this area. Fortunately for us our luck turned around and we started finding churches we could get into, schools and even a railway station. The trip was definitely a nice way to spend my Sunday.

some highlights:
- finding not one but 2 abandoned railway stations, one of them was not converted
- getting attacked by pigeons
- frozen flooded basements
- interesting lighting
- saskurbex accidentally pulling a door of a church
- thigh high snow (that will teach me to wear ski pants)
- finding an abandoned ski hill
- finding "the pop shoppe" bottles still in original crates

nothing better than knee deep snow
these are the pigeons that lived in the schoolhouse
a wild bunch that couldn't seem to find the way out
just taking a break with the pop shoppe
thank god it is winter and these were frozen

No comments:

contact me!

Popular Posts

About Me

My photo
+ most of my time is spent exploring anything abandoned whether it be industrial, a ghost town, type of hospital, an old church or others + the other part of my time is spent getting an education or drawing

About Me

My photo
+ most of my time is spent exploring anything abandoned whether it be industrial, a ghost town, type of hospital, an old church or others + the other part of my time is spent getting an education or drawing

Followers