Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Great Race 2012

We participated in what is known as the "Great Race". It's where teams form and compete in a scavenger hunt including tasks that relate to Urban Exploration. This all takes place on a website known as Deggi5. We participated in this race last year and decided we would participate again this year. Usually we just plan a trip on the may long weekend, and it usually corresponds with the great race so we participate. Although this year we lost a team member and spent half the race sleeping but we did alright and did complete many tasks - considering the task list favors those in the states. I participated of course with Saskurbex and we did not have a team name but our sign name was "paranormal prairie pirate"- which i assume was given to us because last year we were the prairie pirates.

Here are a couple pictures from tasks on the list...

 Picture of Weyburn Mental, I am pointing to where we are a standing in relation to the map as Weyburn Mental is now demolished, but it was a beautiful Kirkbride style asylum.

Christmas decorations - you may recognize them from my annual Christmas post

Doing the YMCA on an abandoned toilet... Not the most enjoyable thing in a pitch black abandoned bathroom in an abandoned town hall
  



Trying to light paint a sign and an abandoned church all at once.

Our camera collection in an abandoned church - still missing a few camera's though.

No comments:

contact me!

Popular Posts

About Me

My photo
+ most of my time is spent exploring anything abandoned whether it be industrial, a ghost town, type of hospital, an old church or others + the other part of my time is spent getting an education or drawing

About Me

My photo
+ most of my time is spent exploring anything abandoned whether it be industrial, a ghost town, type of hospital, an old church or others + the other part of my time is spent getting an education or drawing

Followers