Tuesday, May 24, 2011

great race 2011

This year Saskurbex and I decided to participate in the Great Race. Its basically a scavenger hunt for urban explorers that is organized by Deggi5.

Since we have never participated before and we live in the most desolate province ever - we planned out a route and traveled over 1000 miles. . .yes miles. Starting at 2:30am on Saturday, we drove to our starting point which was about 4 hours away.

So we began the race at 6:00am and had twelve hours to race and post the pics online for judging. They gave us our list and password which was "Arrrr Matey" (which related to our team name being pirates). We hit the road following our route and tight timeline finishing as many tasks as we could. I spent all weekend in my rubber boots and a raincoat for obvious reasons.

We came in fourth place, which isn't that great since their were only four teams that finished but we did our best considering it rained most of the weekend and getting to places was interesting to say the least. We were glad we didn't take my car because we could have never made it down some of the roads.

Here are just some of our pictures from the race.. .

find a no trespassing sign
put clothes on found in a location
laughing -because having fun is what its about
whole team in a bed
landlocked boat
abandoned church!
mummify a teammate in a location
room/cell with bars
provincial boarder
yes we made it to the Alberta/Sask boarder
teammate in a tight space
on a bicycle
dead animal
30 cans in a location

No comments:

contact me!

Popular Posts

About Me

My photo
+ most of my time is spent exploring anything abandoned whether it be industrial, a ghost town, type of hospital, an old church or others + the other part of my time is spent getting an education or drawing

About Me

My photo
+ most of my time is spent exploring anything abandoned whether it be industrial, a ghost town, type of hospital, an old church or others + the other part of my time is spent getting an education or drawing

Followers