Thursday, April 19, 2012

in a western direction

I had a destination in mind. Although getting there the easy way would mean taking the main highway and this is clearly not the option I wanted. So instead I took an alternate route and checked out some small ghost towns and churches. Although I didn't have much time it was enough to satisfy my urge to photograph and explore something. Some of the places I have visited I had already seen years ago, it was nice to see that not much has changed over the years. Instead of seeing vandalism it was just the elements that were taking their toll on the buildings.

Here are a few of my favorites...


visited this church years ago, very little has changed



still bright despite the age of these containers

This tricycle was neat to see - check out the bed in the background
 




 last picture of the day before it started to rain & snow

3 comments:

Meggers said...

How in the goodness do you find these places? I'd love to check some out!

Meggers said...

This is awesome, how do you find these places?! I'd love to check some out!

arilem said...

Through many years of driving hundreds of grid roads all over this province.

contact me!

Popular Posts

About Me

My photo
+ most of my time is spent exploring anything abandoned whether it be industrial, a ghost town, type of hospital, an old church or others + the other part of my time is spent getting an education or drawing

About Me

My photo
+ most of my time is spent exploring anything abandoned whether it be industrial, a ghost town, type of hospital, an old church or others + the other part of my time is spent getting an education or drawing

Followers