Thursday, September 29, 2011

military memories

During our time in Wyoming SaskUrbex really wanted to check out some military locations. We drove to a few and were unable to visit them. We decided to head back to the first one we visited and go through a back road.

Originally we had went up the main road and saw a man opening the gate - I was going to ask him for permission but he quickly closed it and drove away. Maybe he wasn't supposed to be in there? So after a slight detour we made it a "Atlas D Missille Base".  If you want more information about it you can visit blog.saskurbex.com2011/11/09/wyoming-atlas-d-missile-base/

In my opinion it was well worth the walk, this location was severely gutted but has stood up to the test of time well. It was very neat to see how these places were set up and the cradle was definitely my favorite part. I am surprised by how much they had left behind.













No comments:

contact me!

Popular Posts

About Me

My photo
+ most of my time is spent exploring anything abandoned whether it be industrial, a ghost town, type of hospital, an old church or others + the other part of my time is spent getting an education or drawing

About Me

My photo
+ most of my time is spent exploring anything abandoned whether it be industrial, a ghost town, type of hospital, an old church or others + the other part of my time is spent getting an education or drawing

Followers