Sunday, December 28, 2008

Farmyards hidden in snow



• Classic farmyards are all over the place in our province. You can drive along a busy highway and see at least 5 of them. Now because of the rising increase in arsonists and the need for more property a lot of these houses I am showing you here are no longer around. I am glad I was able to see them for each is very unique, filled with personal items and pieces of history. These houses are a few we found on our winter trip early this year.

• The house in the above picture was a small classic house. Layers of wallpaper peeling of the walls show many different sides of the house. The barn has some old equipment as well as the home to badgers.


This house was on top of a hill in the middle of a field, during winter. It's a 3 story old basement complete with stone foundation and cellar
.

This house was one of many on the property. This was the farmhouse full of old bottles and kitchen containers and clothing. There was also a barn with a very old combine & a couple pancaked houses.


The definition of classic Saskatchewan farmhouse is right here. This house was far down a gravel road sitting all alone. This house was covered in old wood flooring complete with old wood stove in the middle. There were a couple maps and beds still in the upstairs bedrooms and the bathroom looked like it would have been in the seventies.





No comments:

contact me!

Popular Posts

About Me

My photo
+ most of my time is spent exploring anything abandoned whether it be industrial, a ghost town, type of hospital, an old church or others + the other part of my time is spent getting an education or drawing

About Me

My photo
+ most of my time is spent exploring anything abandoned whether it be industrial, a ghost town, type of hospital, an old church or others + the other part of my time is spent getting an education or drawing

Followers