Monday, February 9, 2009

helpful winter tips

some very helpful travel tips for the winter:

1. Drink lots of water no matter how cold it is. You can still get dehydrated in the winter.

2. Do not eat snow (even the white snow). These days you never know what is and is not safe.

3. Wear gloves when handling metal objects. This includes when holding a metal flashlight.

note: On our last trip one of the guys I explore with got back into the vehicle took off his gloves and touched the frozen mag light. Take his advice: don't touch frozen metal objects with warm hands.

4. Always keep warm: layers, instant heat packs, tall warm boots, ski pants, winter coat, head warmers & warm gloves

5. Bring snacks in the vehicle just in case it breaks down, you get stuck or you are no where near a town to find food

do all this and you will stay warm and tough, just like me...

No comments:

contact me!

Popular Posts

About Me

My photo
+ most of my time is spent exploring anything abandoned whether it be industrial, a ghost town, type of hospital, an old church or others + the other part of my time is spent getting an education or drawing

About Me

My photo
+ most of my time is spent exploring anything abandoned whether it be industrial, a ghost town, type of hospital, an old church or others + the other part of my time is spent getting an education or drawing

Followers