Wednesday, July 29, 2009

the big trip

Just got back from my big trip of the year! I am glad to say the whole thing was a success! I went with the 2 guys i usually explore with as well we had a well known explorer from Winnipeg join us. We found many different things and had some great experiences.

Some of the things we explored:
  • an airport
  • hotel & bar
  • large industrial building
  • farms
  • schools
  • churches
  • ghost towns
  • community hall
  • curling & hockey rinks
Some first time experiences for me:
  • to explore an airport
  • to explore a hotel
  • finding a grow-op
  • being in a house with the phone still working
  • finding a colony of prairie dogs
  • being in a house with no plumbling & finding sh*t all over
  • finding an at home electroshock therapy device
I will be sure to post all my favorite pictures as well as some stories from the trip!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Wow, sounds like quite the trip! A grow-op? And the place with the phone still working, perhaps they live there during seeding and harvest? The colony of prairie dogs, now that's just too much!! :) (The other two on your list are just kinda creepy...) Glad you had an adventurous treck!

Dawn said...

Sorry, I just read your NEXT TRIP bit up near the top of your page...
I'm free (as long as I'm not called in for a birth) August 16th-20th. It would be great to meet up! you can email me... mdgutek@gmail.com to exchange info.

contact me!

Popular Posts

About Me

My photo
+ most of my time is spent exploring anything abandoned whether it be industrial, a ghost town, type of hospital, an old church or others + the other part of my time is spent getting an education or drawing

About Me

My photo
+ most of my time is spent exploring anything abandoned whether it be industrial, a ghost town, type of hospital, an old church or others + the other part of my time is spent getting an education or drawing

Followers