Wednesday, August 12, 2009

long live the dead

Along the road we found an old school, which was conveniently placed in a ghost town. We got into the old school, which was mainly gutted and used, for storage. The chalkboards & some learning tools were still around as well as the water fountain in the main hall. There were two main classrooms and a basement. The basement was home to what used to be a grow-op. This freaked me out a bit as I have never seen a grow-op and never imagined finding one in an old school of a ghost town.

After leaving the school we decided to check out one of the nearby homes. With what looked to be a brand new bike parked out front it looks like this place was not abandoned. The explorer from Winnipeg was determined to get in and before long he was at the front door. Walking in we immediately got the smell of cats. Walking further this place looked fairly new and not abandoned. However, you could tell it had been sitting for a while with the dust on the floor, cobwebs in all the corners & clear chaos of all the belongings. The calendar was marked 2008, which made us believe the man who lived in this house must have passed away December 2008 and all his stuff was left. It is amazing how much you can find out about a person just by the mail, pictures on the wall and other belonging’s.

It didn’t look like anyone had been checking this place as the power was still on, the TV still worked and the phone works well. When we got there the phone was off the hook and one of the guys tested to see if it works. It did and so we hung it up. After exploring the place a bit the phone rang. I have never been so shocked in my life! We quickly ran out of the house towards the vehicle.

Oh, did I mention that we found the cat in the basement…. Dead?

Definitely the most interesting situation I have been in for a while. I guess that’s all part of exploring!


one of the guys channel surfing with the lights on, right before the phone rang

1 comment:

Dawn said...

K, that's just plain spoooky! I'm surprised you didn't find any other dead bodies layin' around...

contact me!

Popular Posts

About Me

My photo
+ most of my time is spent exploring anything abandoned whether it be industrial, a ghost town, type of hospital, an old church or others + the other part of my time is spent getting an education or drawing

About Me

My photo
+ most of my time is spent exploring anything abandoned whether it be industrial, a ghost town, type of hospital, an old church or others + the other part of my time is spent getting an education or drawing

Followers