Tuesday, May 11, 2010

underground history

The other day i was bored and it was getting dark. I grabbed my camera and a friend and we hit the countryside. Full of valleys, old streams and loads of history i knew we were bound to find something. As we turned off into the rolling hills we soon realized we were not alone. Her family was in a vehicle behind us and decided to follow all the way from the city. (I thought we were a bit to old for this)

We headed towards an old mine we were determined to find.

Laughing as we drove because we were being stalked by her family we drove down a windy road and kept looking around. Running out of sunlight quick we finally found it and jumped out to photograph it. Disorganized because of the last minute i was the only one with a camera and a memory card. I snapped a few shots and continued down the road after a chat with her family. Here is a picture of the mine - it has a dedication to those who once worked there.

No comments:

contact me!

Popular Posts

About Me

My photo
+ most of my time is spent exploring anything abandoned whether it be industrial, a ghost town, type of hospital, an old church or others + the other part of my time is spent getting an education or drawing

About Me

My photo
+ most of my time is spent exploring anything abandoned whether it be industrial, a ghost town, type of hospital, an old church or others + the other part of my time is spent getting an education or drawing

Followers