Thursday, June 3, 2010

mountain mining

Most of what we saw on the big trip were mines, mining camps and tipples.

The locations were very interesting and each had its own things to offer. There were plenty of photo opportunities - we spent hours wandering around these areas. As some of them were coal I always went in clean and came out covered in black. As per usual i am always the one who gets the dirtiest.

One of the places we went into i realized i had forgotten a flashlight and the building was fairly dark. After i got in the building there was a large flashlight sitting on a shelf that worked. Lucky for me i used it the entire time and then put it back before i was done.

creek through an old mine camp building
Photo Credit: Phoenix Enigma
tipple
saskurbex and i had a fight over this
mining equipment
Photo Credit: Phoenix Enigma
saskurbex, arilem (me) & captain canada
@ the top of an old mine - it was a steep drop but we went down anyways!
Photo Credit: Phoenix Enigma

No comments:

contact me!

Popular Posts

About Me

My photo
+ most of my time is spent exploring anything abandoned whether it be industrial, a ghost town, type of hospital, an old church or others + the other part of my time is spent getting an education or drawing

About Me

My photo
+ most of my time is spent exploring anything abandoned whether it be industrial, a ghost town, type of hospital, an old church or others + the other part of my time is spent getting an education or drawing

Followers