Tuesday, June 1, 2010

tourist ghost town

On our trip we decided to visit a ghost town that is a known tourist location in the area. It is an old city turned ghost town. The family that lives there tried to restore a few buildings and make it a tourist site. With only the museum and few other buildings restored they have not/will not finish the other buildings in the works.

We took a tour of the museum. Full of artifacts, photographs and other interesting items it was well worth our time and money. Our tour guide was full of knowledge and made the experience fun. I learned alot about the town and it was neat to look around at what was left today.

This if what always continues to fascinate me about this hobby. Seeing photographs and hearing stories about a place when it was at its best and then looking at it today.

Anyways, here are some photographs from the town.

gravestones
with a "state of the art" hydrant system the city still burnt
creek ran through the town
original bank safe
brothel house

1 comment:

PhoenixEnigma said...

"Our tour guide was full of knowledge and made the experience fun"

That's quite the understatement for a fellow who was colourful, eccentric, and borderline insane, I think :P

contact me!

Popular Posts

About Me

My photo
+ most of my time is spent exploring anything abandoned whether it be industrial, a ghost town, type of hospital, an old church or others + the other part of my time is spent getting an education or drawing

About Me

My photo
+ most of my time is spent exploring anything abandoned whether it be industrial, a ghost town, type of hospital, an old church or others + the other part of my time is spent getting an education or drawing

Followers