Saturday, July 31, 2010

states ghost towns

To start this blog i would like to clear something up. A ghost town to us is a town fully abandoned with maybe one resident. They should containhouses, school, church and maybe some businesses. One of the states we went to actually marks ghost towns on there highway map. These towns are not actually ghost towns because most have many people living in them and some are actually very touristy. Below is a picture of one of them:
This is not a ghost town. Good for the state to preserve these ghost towns for tourists but this was not what we were looking for. We decided to look for the real ghost towns.

Below you will see a collection of photo's including school, stations, churches, etc. These are mostly from ghost towns but some are from small communities.


We found this sign on the way to a few abandonment's.
I was using a gazetteer map. Checking it with the GPS there seemed to be no errors.
Ironically this sign is WRONG.

No comments:

contact me!

Popular Posts

About Me

My photo
+ most of my time is spent exploring anything abandoned whether it be industrial, a ghost town, type of hospital, an old church or others + the other part of my time is spent getting an education or drawing

About Me

My photo
+ most of my time is spent exploring anything abandoned whether it be industrial, a ghost town, type of hospital, an old church or others + the other part of my time is spent getting an education or drawing

Followers