Thursday, March 26, 2009

unknown to known

I have decided to share my experience with a once intact ghost town. This ghost town only has one resident who lives at the edge of town. There were many houses all of which you could get into. They had many things left behind such as books, clothing, dishes, etc. Along the main street there was old businesses and an old bar where the paintings could still be seen on the wall. In my opinion this was a fun town to take people interested in ghost towns as everything was quite intact.
Soon enough though, it became known to many people through the internet and word mouth. The ghost hunters started coming out as well as teens to party. Before you know it, things were getting vandalized and because of the growing number of people constantly coming out the owner took action and started to demolish houses.
Once beautiful houses rich in history & memories now piles of wood. I think it was smart of the owner to demolish these houses as some were not very stable and someone could get hurt. I am glad I was able to get into all the houses & see all the belongings left behind.
Here are some photographs of the houses last year & this year.

A house full of many belongings - now every window & door boarded up

The town bar, its character defined by the truck crashed into it - truck removed & bar crumbling

Cute home full of furniture & belongings - now a pile of wood

Small one person home with basement & old food jars still on the table - now a stack of wood & belongings

No comments:

contact me!

Popular Posts

About Me

My photo
+ most of my time is spent exploring anything abandoned whether it be industrial, a ghost town, type of hospital, an old church or others + the other part of my time is spent getting an education or drawing

About Me

My photo
+ most of my time is spent exploring anything abandoned whether it be industrial, a ghost town, type of hospital, an old church or others + the other part of my time is spent getting an education or drawing

Followers