Thursday, April 2, 2009

weird stuff

On my past trip I encountered some pretty weird stuff. I am not talking weird paranormal stuff I am talking about weird architecture & of course random things. I have decided to share the top 3 weirdest thing I encountered on the trip:

1. My friend and I hiked through deep snow & thick brush to reach an old stone house. We explored the main level & went upstairs. Off the main hallway there was a small door, not sure where it went i looked inside and realized it wasn't just a storage space. It went inside the walls around a whole bedroom and came out another bedroom. It was indeed a tunnel that you could crawl through. An escape from one room to another. Quite the architectural feature in a house, I have seen something similar in a house a past friend used to live in but it was very short, nothing like this one.
The entrance is the top picture, the bottom is the exit coming out the next room.

2. The door. I cant even begin to explain this driving down a gravel road in the middle of nowhere is this brand new house and beside it, a hill. Not just an ordinary hill though, a hill with a door in it. What would someone use this for?

3. This is not an architectural mystery but a question of someones sanity. Driving down a main highway we found this house full of wooden figurines surrounded by lights. Not just one, two or twenty but 40+. Yes all over the house, one the house, around the house and all around the yard. All in a row along the highway. Ah yes, this person better have a good excuse for doing this. Makes me want to take a torch and burn them all in a row. Did I mention 80% of them are christmas?

No comments:

contact me!

Popular Posts

About Me

My photo
+ most of my time is spent exploring anything abandoned whether it be industrial, a ghost town, type of hospital, an old church or others + the other part of my time is spent getting an education or drawing

About Me

My photo
+ most of my time is spent exploring anything abandoned whether it be industrial, a ghost town, type of hospital, an old church or others + the other part of my time is spent getting an education or drawing

Followers