Thursday, November 4, 2010

Indian Residential School

The goal of the trip to Manitoba was to explore an Indian Residential School. This is something that was on Saskurbex's list of things to see. Most, if not all the residential schools are gone in Saskatchewan so finding out there was one left in Manitoba not to far off was definitely something we knew we had to see.

Good thing we went when we did because the place was falling apart and in a few years it may not even be standing. This was definitely the most unsafe building I have been in. Between the rusted out ceilings, holes in the walls and unsafe flooring it was quite the experience making our way through the building. In its day this building would be beautiful, although its history is quite the opposite.

This building was beautiful and i captured some beautiful photographs. I will probably not make a return trip to it so enjoy the pictures. This place was a huge 4 story brick school and took a while to get through. Places that are larger are always hard to post because i have so many pictures to sort through. I may not post the best pictures but i try to post a variety so that my readers may gain a wide sense of what the entire building is like not just one area that may have taken the best photographs.

Anyways, here are the highlights:
- Saskurbex falling through a subfloor
- Saskurbex almost falling through the stairs
- Saskurbex not having a tripod and borrowing mine
Just buggin... I know he's going to hassle me for posting that

here are my highlights:
- old chalkboards, books & clothing
- being in a building that was not converted from its original purpose
- lighting laying along the ground
- old water fountains
- communal showers was interesting
- original artwork and murals still intact
- a view of the entire town
- old windows, some not broken
- watching nature take this building back

abandoned long before this license plate

No comments:

contact me!

Popular Posts

About Me

My photo
+ most of my time is spent exploring anything abandoned whether it be industrial, a ghost town, type of hospital, an old church or others + the other part of my time is spent getting an education or drawing

About Me

My photo
+ most of my time is spent exploring anything abandoned whether it be industrial, a ghost town, type of hospital, an old church or others + the other part of my time is spent getting an education or drawing

Followers